| NASF Event Director
APPLY EARLY! Click here to visit the U.S. Department of State website and learn about the visa application process. The National Association for Surface Finishing recommends applying as soon as travel to the United States is contemplated and no later than 3-4 months in advance of the NASF SUR/FIN Manufacturing & Technology Trade Show & Conference.
U.S. Visa Waiver Program
This program enables nationals of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90-days or less without obtaining a visa. For more information click here For more information click here.
International Invitation Letter
NASF offers an official letter of invitation for SUR/FIN attendees. The letter of invitation, though not required for the visa application, can assist as a supporting document. Present this letter of invitation from NASF to the Consular Officer during the visa interview. Request a customized letter by contacting NASF Event Director Cheryl Clark.
Tips for Successful Visa Applications
- Include a letter of invitation from the meeting organizer.
- When possible, provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, society membership and/or meeting registration. If you pay for registration and your visa is later denied, NASF will refund your registration fee.
- Visa applicants are expected to provide evidence they intend to return to their country of residence. Therefore, applicants should provide proof of binding or sufficient ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. Visa applications are more likely to be successful if done in the visitor’s home country.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of their visa application.
- All applicants must be able to qualify for a visa on their own merits under the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.