Session 5: Advancements in Metal Finishing Technical Improvements
Information on opportunities and best practices to manage current industry challenges that apply directly to the electroless nickel plating industry and in general to the broader metal finishing industry.
Innovative Best Practices for Performance & Efficiency
Performance Solutions Impacting Today and Future
In these unprecedented times, there are challenges as well as opportunities in the electroless nickel industry.
• Supply chain disruptions
• Shortages of key commodities nickel sulfate and sodium hypophosphite
• High energy costs
• Increased regulations
• High shipping costs
• Interest in on-shoring manufacturing
• Vibrant industry organizations
• MAMF scholarships
• Products Finishing magazine programs to support the EN industry
• Educational programs for EN
• New technologies for improved performance, savings, safety, compliance
Michael Feldstein will present these challenges and opportunities in detail. He has a unique perspective on the EN industry as the President and Director of Innovation at Surface Technology, Inc which has served the EN industry for nearly 50 years as both a manufacturer of EN solutions as well as a plating job shop (named the 2021 Top Shop plating shop according to Products Finishing magazine).